RE: [Harp-L] Best harmonica tuning to play "tunes and songs"

I'm aware of the shrill feel of Lee Oskars when I'm playing, but have found that this doesn't come through at all when I listen back to recordings of myself. Likewise, the dry, harsh feel of XB40s when playing isn't reproduced on recordings. These sensations for the player don't make for the pleasantest of playing experiences but they may not be reflecting what people listening are hearing.  I've found that if I play Lee Oskars a lot I come to appreciate their reliablility, good response and staying-in-tuneness and I forget about the "shrillness." I've found Suzuki Bluesmasters to be just as reliable and far more pleasant to play. Maybe not quite as cutting-through.

Steve (non-overblower)