RE: [Harp-L] "Authentic" pronunciation?

Michael Peloquin wrote:
> But can harmonica players also sound "affected"?
>
> I think so!
---I couldn't agree more. Look, I think we'd all agree that blues, r+b and jazz are African-American idioms; I think we'd also agree that to play them well requires us all, no matter our color or cultural background, to work hard, listen hard, and be mindful of what we're doing. The kind of affected singing and playing I would guess we all dislike is careless and immature and reflects a  misunderstanding of what this music is about. Really I'm attacking a strawman...
   I don't think we really disagree here.
WVa Bob
P.S. By the way, your playing is defiantly NOT affected :-)