-Dave "I ain't never picked a bale o' cotton" Fertig

--- On Sun, 9/26/10, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RE: [Harp-L] "Authentic" pronunciation?

        	Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:50 AM

            From: "Ken Deifik" <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        	To:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx . .
What absolutely kills a record for me
is to hear a white American band playing well in the first few bars,
followed by a white singer who tries to use English like a Black
Mississippi man from 1930.  I get the same feeling when I hear those
horrible old Amos and Andy radio shows from the 1930's.

I run away screaming, often leaving a Deifik-shaped hole in the drywall.