Re: [Harp-L] Looking for a better 12 hole chromatic

On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Matheus Verardino wrote:

Hello there chormatic harmonica players
Would you be so kind and help me on this matter.
I am looking for a good 12 hole chromatic.
I have a Suzuki SCX 48 that plays loud and well but I was thinking
about a Hard Bopper or a Seydel Saxony or a CX 12.
I am playing mostly brazilian music on chromatic
Any experience on those or other harps would be extremely welcome
Thank you all!
Matheus Verardino

Word of caution: I play a LOT of Brasilian music. (Jobim). Also stuff from Waldur Azevedo, also some Venezuelan, Cuban.
IF you do a lot of Sambas, Corinhos, Mambos, Beguines, where you are 'slide slapping'...the CX-12 makes a loud clicking noise.
I don't know what could possibly be considered superior to the Suzi. Maybe the hard bopper? So TRY them before plunking down any
Cruzerios, Colons, Reals, Pesos, Sol di Oros, whatever.

smo-joe (the Ponce DE Leone)