[Harp-L] PowerBender Based Tuning

Ron wrote: "But i thought Brendan once said he played almost exclusively
what we have been variously calling a type of country / smo-joe tuned harp,
with the 5th and 9th hole draw raised a half step, no?"

No - and yes. My Regular Breath Tuning (as used on my 1984 album 'Country
Harmonica') has those changes, but I split the blow reedplate at hole 7 and
shifted it along to the right, so that all blows were lower than all draws.
It means you can bend every draw note at least a semitone. You can see
pictures of the harps I uded at that time and hear sound clips here:

http://www.brendan-power.com/Country%20Harmonica.htm

The diagram for the 11 hole harps I used is:

POWER REGULAR-BREATH TUNING
1   2  3  4   5  6   7  8  9  10 11
C  E  G  C  E  G  A  C  E  G  C
D  G  B  D  F# A  B  D  F# A  B

(For a 10 hole harp leave off the top hole). Sometimes I raised the 3 blow
to an A, and/or lowered the 7 blow to a G.

Regards,

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic