[Harp-L] question about symmetry of reed vibration

I am wondering about the range of vibration of a reed and how it is affected by the net force from the air flow.

For example, if you simply 'plink' a reed I would expect the limits of motion of the reed to be equal in both directions.  But if you activate the reed with your breath I'd expect that, because of the force of the air, the limit of motion going with the wind would be greater than when the reed swings back going against the wind.  (I'm not saying this well, but I think this should get the idea across.)

Would a thicker plate cause a greater asymmetry (assuming there is asymmetry)?

Has anyone tested this?  Are there any strobe or super slow motion videos that would show this?

I guess I could experiment by attaching bit of stuff to either side of a reed plate and repeatedly re-positioning it to see what clearances I needed, but I'm hoping I won't have to.  Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Doug H