[Harp-L] Hill Country Fans Burn Gindick At Stake

ok, it's not that bad...

If people are going to write about me on any forum, they should hear the
other side. Many of you know me. Someone posted the last post about this on
Adams Forum and I hope they will do again cause naturally I can't post
directly there. This is my livlihood and my reputation.

Of course, I am in a state between high giddy and skin tingling anxiety:
Fight or flee. Horrible, and so I am laughing my ass off at same time
cause it is so absurd.  With Jam Camp in three days. and that's a three
ring circus for 5 days worth of hi anx for lo key me. I'll probably back
down because I am pragmatic but maybe it will bring us all together in some
way positive.

Or at the very least get to tell the jam camp story.

The fact Jam Camp is a thou seems to piss some people off. I get it. Thing
is: I PAY PRO HARP PLAYERS REAL MONEY every day for 5 days. And I have a
lot of coaches.  So these people who think I am some kind of rich snob are
actually saying harp players shouldn't get paid. I paid Adam $250 a day for
10 straight camps. I wish I can pay Adam and all my coaches more. They
deserve it.

But after 10 camps, Adam didn't notify me of his plans to do his own event.
After 10 camps, I found out about in a press release that said Hill Country
was the only Miss Harp Event. Think I wasn't threatened? This was while
Adam was still booked to coach my next camp (late March) and which I still
let him coach at and paid him the $250 a day for two to three days.

Trying to make lemonade, I was supportive. He took me aside at camp and He
was worried about his attendance, and you know, trying to be a friend, when
I got back, I stupidly bought a plane ticket to attend as a attendee, and
to announce it on my website and newsletter, to help.

Brian Purdy and I were going to meet there and attend. He called me and
told me not to come. His brand. I would stifle him. Ruin his camp. What
about my Mississippi Jam Camp Brand? The camp he teaches at? I didn't say a
thing,
although he did tell him I had bought the ticket, so he knew.

Trying to make lemonade, I decided to go to C'dale and hang out by myself
cause I love it there, and I had that nonrefundable ticket, but driving to
the airport,  the thought of many of my friends -- like you--100 miles away
at a harp event I was banned from, I turned around in the car when I hit
LAX and came home. Nice feeling.

So, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons, and follow through in my
plans to do a late May Camp as I want to expand to 4 a year and this seems
like a great idea, and yes, in some way face saving. I admit it.

When I told  Adam IN ADVANCE of my plans, he told me not to, said it would
make us enemies, told me to wait a year. And after sending him a snippy
e-mail, I thought, this is my chance to build something bigger than Jam
Camp and I don't care what Adam thinks. Now, it's at this state, and I'll
tell you what, I am going to make some lemonade out of this. Somehow...

Anyway, if you got this far, I promise I will try not to post to you guys
any more. Unless you like soap operas. I just don't have another way of
protecting my reputation from what he and other have been writing about my
intentions and who zoomed whom. And it's my livlihood and, I hope you are
my friends, as well as Adams.

Maybe I am wrong, I am often am, but there is a context here. Your feed
back appreciated, and hope you'l give feedback to Adam too.

That's it, baby. THANKS!!!

Jon

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft®