Re: [Harp-L] Wood Harp Combs

On 09/22/2010 12:47 PM, Matthew Smart wrote:

> Would love to get your feedback on this site. It is not pretty (temporary
> placeholder), but might be interesting none the less. Thanks
>
> www.harmonicacombs.com

the combs look pretty nice, if you're into that.  i don't know what typical
prices for special combs are, but these seem inexpensive to me.

the marketing hype, of course, is nonsense.

> Not only will these combs beautify your harp,
> it will improve its performance and tone.
> Plastic combs are dead and lifeless.
> Listen to all of the old recordings...they all used wood combed harps! Wood has the best tone.

i'm curious now.  did plastic combs even exist back then?
like in the little walter/sonny boy era?

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.