RE: [Harp-L] astatic elements

> From: brian51@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:57:36 -0300
> Subject: [Harp-L] astatic elements
>
> I've recently read that William Clarke used a ceramic vice crystal element
>in his JT30. What would the designator for such an element be????Thanx All

He may have employed one in his later years.
His original JT had a crystal element that read 101.
They also made crystals that were 151, and 111.
Most of the ceramics were numbered 127.

Around 92 or 93, Tom Ellis gave Bill several mics
when he toured through Texas. I believe one of those
shells had a ceramic element. Another had a real strong
Black Label Shure CR transducer for it's juice. The third
may have been a Turner with a dynamic element.
Maybe Tom can pipe in here, if he is still reading the list.

In Bill's earliest years with the Nightowls...he was using
and recording with an older green bullet, with a black label.

It doesn't really matter, Bill could play through a tin can
& sound great.

~Donnie~

William Clarke DVD - TheRealDeal1Demo 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zuALB37U1Q

The William Clarke Tribute Site:
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/williamclarke/index.html

http://www.myspace.com/donniemortone