[Harp-L] Volume controls for microphones

Hello Harp-'ers,

I am finally getting around to taking my bin of harp microphone parts and making some usable mics out of the various shells, elements, etc.

I have several volume control potentiometers... some are 5 meg, some are 1 meg, some 250K, and some 100K.  Do any of you know which resistance values work best for which types of elements?

I mainly use the volume pots for feedback control, more like an on-off switch than anything else.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Bill
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T