[Harp-L] Powerbender tuning

As soon as I read about Brendan's Powerbender tuning I was impressed
with the practicality of it for contemporary music so I decided to try
my hand at retuning, starting with some 5 USD harps I had laying around.
Now I have done 4 harps and the results have been somewhat successful,
enough that I have been able to try the tuning and found that it is
everything Brendan has said. I have had some problems tuning 9 and 10
draw up 3 semitones. I have taken the reeds down to foil thickness on
the ends and have ruined one and replaced it only to have the
replacement get so thin it had to be shortened. All of the 10 draw reeds
have actually had to be shortened some, leaving a leaky air gap at the
end. 10 draw is still playable but less than ideal.
Does anyone know of a solution to this. Removing metal further from the
tip doesn't seem to have enough pitch-raising effect. Does adding
material at the base, such as Blue-tac raise the pitch?