[Harp-L] Re:Was Rehearsals-NHDvsD

I always wind up being the so called office manager for the bands I'm in
since some bandleaders tend to focus more on song selection and arrangements.

I've taken over the role in my current band by default. After a year the website wasn't being built,
promo shots weren't being taken, zero self promotion. Everybody knew somebody that could do it
but when you rely on people outside the band to give a damn about your needs its a tough climb uphill.

I don't want to be the bandleader. My strong points are organizational and multitasking skills.
The bandleader and others don't see me as a threat. I'm the guy that keeps the monkey off their back and
the line of communication open so no one is left out of the loop.

I also set up the bands email account and private website for the band members ONLY to keep abreast of
vacations and dates some members aren't available.
This prevents any one of us from booking a gig then having to cancel it 2 hours later because of prior commitments.

I take care of setting up and following up on studio dates and special events to see what backline gear is provided and email all members as soon as I find out. While the bands email address is on my computer I have it set up so all band emails are fwd to the bandleader
as well. I keep track of the songs we practice each week. The new ones we go over. What we rehearsed last week. Copies of all our set lists in case someone forgets to write it... oh yeah and I play harmonica. :)

Tomorrow night the website goes public. Exactly 2 weeks after I took the reigns.