[Harp-L] Mitch Kashmar and War, W. Clarke, etc

        As though anyone cares what I feel: I think it is fantastic that the guy has such an expansive verve. To me his funk is evident in his blues and his blues in his funk. It is too simple a dichotomy to see them as opposing. Mitch is excellent on both "Slipping into Darkness" (War) and "Horn of Plenty" (his inventive- posthumous Bill Clarke duo thing on his newest CD). The politics about playing with War in respect to Lee Oscar I'm staying away from...... Back to the dichotomy: tomorrow night I'm playing with and around Ashford and Simpson, Monday: "orthodox" blues, and next week some balady stuff with a pianist, etc., etc....And it's all galvanizing. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues