Subject: [Harp-L] Sugar Blue serendipity

Bruce:

Sugar (James Whiting) actually WAS the original harmonica  player on 'Miss
You' by the Stones <G> He recorded Some Girls  with the Stones and can be
heard on Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You.

Just for interest he's one of my facebook friends - is a terrifically nice
guy (we have a lot of interests in common), and it's just plain fun
following  his posts and vids as he tours with Ilaria, his female bassist (she's
very cool  too). Very intelligent man who has played with and knows many of
the best  of the best.

As far as painting your studio?  I'd keep the walls a 'tinted' white  as I
usually do - with a hint of pale peachy pink. You don't notice the colour
unless you were to hold a pure white sheet of paper up to the wall, but you'd
be  surprised by the warmth it can add - giving a glow to the  room,
especially in the colder winter months. It enhances videos containing  people (and
pets<G>) remarkably, imho...but any white will also  be affected by your
floor covering.

Elizabeth

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:22:23 -0500
From: "Bruce K  Ritter" <Ritterbk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Sugar Blue  serendipity?  Wow.  So there I am, working my tail off the last
two  weekends to get my son's room turned into a calligraphy/music studio
because  he's moved out and I can.  Well, I got the old stereo hooked up in
it,  and I went downstairs to look for some old new age meditational
background  meaningless music for drawing.  As I'm looking for two or three
discs in  particular, I notice a CD of my wife's, Sugar Blue's "Blue
Blazes".
No, I  think to myself, it's something else.she wouldn't have an album like
that and  not tell me about it (I started playing harp a year ago).  Of
course she  could have forgotten she had it, and she's not home yet, but
yes,
it's really  Sugar Blue, and I'm enjoying it immensely.  I do have some
Sugar
Blue  from a blog with no name for the album and no names for the songs, and
I'm  thankful this is a different album so I have more variety from him.
Harp  content?? Umm Sugar Blue???

By the way, I've painted the walls  flat white, and my wife thinks I'm nuts,
but I don't want any weird colors  from the lights as I try to paint. and
when I record myself playing harp, I  also don't want any weird colors from
the walls.  What color would you  paint a video recording studio?  I
remember
Bob Ross had a studio for  his art show painted flat black so there would be
no reflections, but I'm not  that crazy.

Hey, Sugar just started playing  a song I think  of as a Rolling Stones
song,
"Miss You".  The copyright info says  "Jagger and Richards" so I'm sticking
with the Stones.  How fun, fun,  fun!

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a  cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word  may heal and bless.