Re: [Harp-L] Tongue blocking and tone

Nicely stated, Richard, and quite to the point.

Personally, I learned to play harp using strictly pucker and eventually
developed a good tone.

Later, I wanted to get some of those cool effects that can only be created using
tongue-block techniques (ie. tongue slaps, lifts, splits etc.) and I surely
struggled a bit at first to master TB. I found it awkward and frustrating, but
kept plugging away and eventually achieved proficiency.

It was VERY much worth the trouble, however, as now I can easily switch from
pucker to TB to pucker and back again... and I do so continuously and naturally
as I play, employing each technique where it seems to fit. Mastering both
techniques has given me a very wide tonal pallet. More arrows for the quiver.
Learning TB is highly recommended.

Good luck!
Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.