[Harp-L] RE: Harp Models

I have had a couple of Crossovers since they were released to the market.
They are a very tight harp.  Exceptionally responsive.  Very loud.  Great
projection and volume.   If you are a Marine Band player, the Crossover
addresses most of the complaints with them and plays like a custom harp.  On
the downside, some people find the tuning a little strange and early models
had a problem with the lower reeds rattling against the reed covers. The
Crossover is a fine harp indeed, but for all its refinements, it still has
exposed reed plates. If you are not accustomed to them, you can pull a
mustache hair or even cut your lip.  So, despite the Crossover's many strong
points, which are strong indeed, over time I found myself still reaching for
my Blues Masters and Special 20's.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK