Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas

Pat Powers writes: "Would anybody else care to to add more adjectives or
explicatives to the title???"

Yeah.

I would.

Some specific adjectives I'd use are: 'Nice', 'friendly', 'cooperative' and
 'extremely gracious' to every person approaching the Hohner tables at
SPAH....  giving of themselves to work for free on a long line of attendees'
harmonicas  without a break for 4 straight days.

That's Sissy Jones I'm talking about specifically, btw. She's represented
Hohner at SPAH for at least the last several SPAH's I've attended. The same
Hohner which is the Gold sponsor of SPAH. As a matter of record she's so
highly  loved and respected she was given the Pete Pedersen award two years
ago along  with Charlie Musselwhite, since they were both considered equally
deserving. I personally took immense pleasure in videotaping her accepting
her  award onstage with her characteristic humility. She's probably a better
harmonica player than 80%+ of those who post on this list.

Steve Baker of Hohner has played at the blow-offs and at SPAH itself  to
great acclaim and has also well represented Hohner at each of the last 3 - 4
SPAH's I've attended. I personally listened in to him (totally exhausted and
jet  lagged) responding to a player's questions in a one-on-one
conversation about the brand new Crossover at last year's SPAH...not  wishing to
appear rude but obviously needing to sleep, yet still forcing  himself to stay
awake because that's what one does ...

Rick Epping with his long history with Hohner has routinely showed up on
Harp-L (for many years) to answer any questions he's been asked (as has
Steve)  ...not an 'arrogant or ignorant' bone in his body on display as he
tolerates  with much good grace the slings and arrows of those who seem unaware
that there are flesh and blood people many of us know personally working
hard at these harmonica companies while being forced to tolerate generally
ignorant comments bandied about so freely on a public list.

Elizabeth