Re: [Harp-L] Song examples in blues where the Side to Side Tongue, warble is being put to good use ???

Frank Franze asked:
What blues tunes are there, where the artist is utilizing the Side to Side Tongue "switch" Warble somewhere in the song where the notes on either side of the tongue are being activated to create the warble effect?

Frank, in my opinion, Gwen Foster was the original master of the tongue-split warble and other amazing effects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgBZHlgAaBc

There are a few cuts of Gwen's playing on Yazoo Records' "Harmonica Blues" and "Harmonica Masters," along with those by many other classic pre-war harmonica masters:

http://yazoorecords.com/1053.htm

http://yazoorecords.com/2019.htm

Yazoo Records is a treasure trove of great old recordings of pre-war blues, ragtime, jug band and other genres.

There are two modern masters of the tongue-split warble that I know of, Joe Filisko and James Conway.

Joe and Eric Noden have a terrific new CD out called "I.C. Special." It's filled with great songs that feature some equally great guitar and harmonica playing.

http://www.rootsduo.com/

One song in particular, "Now She's Gone" features Joe at his warbling best. You can listen to it here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jfen

They also have a very nice live CD that features Joe's harmonica acrobatics.

James Conway displays some incredible musicianship featuring some amazing feats on the harmonica on his Youtube channel. The song, "Bay Rum Blues" features his mastery of that tongue-split warble prominently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v14v9FyQyL4&feature=channel

You really should check out some of the other delightful videos on James' channel while you are there. His take on Boots Randolph's "Yakety Sax" knocks me out.

Michelle