From: joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, September 6, 2010 7:48:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: The Comb Debate

Tonight I was inside a Bb spl-20 and doing my special tuning, but I was having
trouble getting the #9 just right.
I had to walk the reed sideways to do some adjusting and when I re-centered the
reed, something happened
that ALWAYS happens when I do this. The volume and 'carry' of the reed decayed a
bit. To get the reed back
to snuff, it was necessary to tap the rivet in my die set to REseat the rivets
wedge/friction/jam fit. To tighten it
in other words.

Then the reed sounded right. This is why vibrations play a VERY important part
in harmonica integrity. The loose
reed wasn't imparting it's natural sonic waves TO the reed plate. I therefore
submit (for ya'all's critique) that all
the parts have to fit right for the harmonica to play right.

  smo-joe   the fitright playrwrite