re: [Harp-L] SPAH convention vs. Jon Gindick jam camp

There is no need for a Gindick style jam camp as Joe Filisko organizes the
"teach-in" every year at SPAH where he has some of the world's best players
available for teaching.

I haven't been to teach in table aside from my own, but I work with players
of all levels and ability, my focus has always been to get players to become
better musicians though I'm always happy to help people with technique. I
can't speak for others but I have methods that will fast track nearly any
player. During past teach-ins I've taught people to bend and OB in less than
a minute. However, I often dismiss technique and get people playing music as
quickly as possible, I often teach people how to play music using two notes.
I always try to have another musical performer with me so we can play music
rather than just sitting around and talking and I go a step beyond and work
with each person on a individual level so I'm not some guy who is sitting
there preaching about what to do, I actually show you how to be a better you
rather than a lesser me.