[Harp-L] The Spirit of SPAH...was " Is this standard for SPAH?"

SPAH membership is not really about bang for the buck and fancy service.
Once you get your membership card it will most likely end up in a drawer
somewhere. It's not like you carry it handy in your wallet to flash at a
moments notice to get cool discounts or impress chicks. Harmonica Happenings
Magazine is an awesome quarterly treat that comes  with membership but if
you do the math it works out to over $10.00 an issue. What else do you
really get for $45.00 a year?

SPAH membership is a statement of personal passion. SPAH membership makes
you part of a family with fellow members that span the globe. Fellow members
that have discovered the same magic secret that you discovered. That this
magical instrument can change lives. SPAH membership is a statement of
community. Membership that has it's privileges indeed. That's why some of
the finest players  that have ever breathed a breath through the combs of
many materials, their wind tickling the slivers of brass  and steel to
create a sound like no other, are card carrying members of SPAH. The spirit
of SPAH is AWESOME!

SPAH is now 47 years old. It was founded in 1963.
http://spah.org/index.php/faqs/25-about-spah   As a non-profit organization
SPAH does many things to help promote our instrument. We help local clubs,
we help kids and seniors, we reach out to the international harmonica
community, we put on a world class convention every year. Between the cost
of doing business, producing a magazine and a website along with the funds
that we do share with others, the $45.00 annual dues get chewed up pretty
quickly. We have to plan and make financial commitments years in advance to
secure facilities for our conventions. We need a modest cash flow to
PRESERVE and ADVANCE OUR HARMONICA LOVING COMMUNITY! SPAH is a 100%
volunteer organization. We want to continue to serve the harmonica community
for the next 47 years and beyond. Your membership, input and participation
is something we need and cherish to accomplish this goal.

WB
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director and card carrying member!
631-521-0472
www.spah.org