The guy is a classic! Borders restocked his CD the Well, I just  proudly
purchased a copy!
Mark

In a message dated 9/4/2010 11:36:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harmoniman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Who is  responsible for cluing Leno in on who is the HARP LEGEND on the
stage and who  are the blues frauds ? Other than that, I'm glad Charlie is
getting some  exposure and is still insp iring young harp players like he did to
me 38 yrs.  ago.

----- Original Message -----
From: "H.T."  <imanonimous@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, sawdoc58@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2010 12:11:44 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L]  Charlie Musselwhite on the Jay Leno show

I thought Charlie played  fine, but he wasn't featured at all; they
gave the whole performance to  Johnny Lang. Charlie had no opportunity
to be out front and I thought the  harp was too low in the mix to make
judgements about tone, but it could be  heard at least. The performance
wasn't about harmonica, which is fine, but  also wasn't about Jay Leno
having any clue that he had a genuine icon of  blues history on his
stage. He fawned over Lauper, treated Lang like the  star, and ignored
Charlie completely.

I don't watch late night  talk shows, but this did confirm two things
I've believed for some time:  Jay Leno isn't funny anymore, and music
on talk shows sucks.

Harry