[Harp-L] Audix i-5 / EV Raven

Hello All!

     I wanted to put my two-cents in for a versatile mic that might have gotten under the radar; it is the AUDIX i-5.  It is like a Shure SM-57 on steroids!
It seems to have more bottom-end than the 57 and is damned-near bullet-proof!  I use it as a backup vocal mic, for clean playing and for mic'ing my amp.
I also use and highly recommend the EV Raven ... works GREAT on chromatic, vocals AND for mic'ing amps.  Either of these mics work well, but the Raven looks way cooler and
is usually my first choice.  The Audix i-5 is more rugged, a little more feedback resistant and probably a BIT cheaper.
I'd be curious to hear others' reactions, and especially how the Audix i-5 compares to the Fireball, which I have never tried!
I imagine it is similar, and have resisted getting a Fireball because of the i-5 in my gig-bag.

Peace, Love and Tone! - Kre