[Harp-L] The comb test debate

Hey Harp-l'ers.

Ok I'll admit, I've been briefly skimming through the whole comb test topic but noticed something that does not seem to have been mentioned.

Maybe it has, please let me know.

But, I'd assume the best way to determine tonal differences in harmonica combs would be to have one player play the exact same tune using for example 5 different harmonicas that have 5 different combs but are using the the reed plates, coverplates, reed profiles/ tolerances etc. Let's say 5 Joe spires stage 3 customs but all with differwnt comb materials and then hand out scorecards to a panel of pro harp players to determine the tonal characteristics.

Just seemed like perhaps that may have yeilded a more balanced result. Or maybe I've just had too many pear ciders!