My bandleader has been bugging me to learn it as a harp instrumental even though we
have a slide guitarist in the band. I would play the melody rather then him.
Good to know it can be done on diatonic.

On Sep 1, 2010, at 10:19 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:48:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Sleepwalk - Santo & Johnny -12th on diatonic
To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

We had fun on a couple of simple blues numbers, and then he says he wants to do
this instrumental in C called "Sleepwalk." Well, I don't recall the tune until
he starts playing, and then it hits me... Oh Yeah! Santo & Johnny - 1950's
lap-steel guitar ballad, and sooo beautiful!

I LOVE 12th position. Perfect for this song, and so many other non- blues
classics. Thanks to Chris Michalek, Peter Ruth and other friends who encouraged
me to pursue 12th to the point where I could feel comfortable enough to
attempt... and then convincingly PULL OFF... something like this on stage. Yup,
our last night at Ziggies was a great one...

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.
TeraBlu Band on My Space
http://www.myspace.com/terablu