Re: [Harp-L] Am I Alone???

Michael;
             Patience is the word. I've had stuff (still do) I've been practising for years that I can't pull off at the gig. But it will happen; some of the stuff I do now was in the pipeline for years.
I have stuff I can't do because the bands I'm in don't call for that particular kind of playing. It helps to play with supportive people. It also helps to run the show, but this isn't an option for everyone.
            Hang in there; I've been at it for forty years, and there has always been stuff in the pipeline that I can't pull off on the gig. It happens eventually, but by then you'll have other things to be impatient about.
Cheers,
RD

>>> "Michael D'Aurizio" <mdaurizio@xxxxxxxx> 30/11/2010 11:55 >>>
I practice at home, or in my truck at work. I come up with a lot of great licks. They are innovative (for me), musically advanced (for me), and I really get excited about layin down these great new riffs at the next gig. The next gig comes, and all I do is play the same old tired licks over and over again. I can't seem to get creative enough on stage to trust my skills, and let the " new and improved" chops flow. Once in a GREAT while the planets will be aligned just right, and the magic will happen, and the riffs will just flow from my instrument. I will leave that gig thinkin " Yeah baby, I'm on to the next level!!" Then the next gig same old sh#*!!! Am I alone with this??? Will I ever be able to catch "That Magic" more than once in a while?? I sure hope so!