Re: [Harp-L] the Stevie Pluck (was Alfie's theme)

I have yet to master what I affectionately call the Stevie Pluck. And I've yet to hear anyone do it quite like Stevie, although others have come close. When I want that effect, I just play really staccato and it is somewhat effective.

I think I've only heard Stevie do this on draw notes (Alfie is a perfect example, while some of the passages contain blow notes, the blow notes are not actually plucked like the others). He seems to be clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth and letting that action cause the air to be drawn. I can sort of do this, enough to convince myself that this is how it's done, but not well enough to sound good (yet).

- Slim.