[Harp-L] PT Gazell windsavers

 jarett yuknalis  Wrote:

Still searching for 16 hole chromatic with PT Gazell windsavers, anybody.

The valves you are referring to are not designed for chromatics. Since
valves on a chromatic are placed on both sides of the reed plates gravity
comes into play on two of the sides. My material works great on diatonics
where both the valves on the blow plate and the reed plate lay flat and do
not hang down on the underside of the plates. If you have not tried the new
Saxony valves from Seydel you may want to check them out. I don¹t play
chromatic but several chromatic players I know have had great success with
these for chromatic. Vern Smith, who is a regular contributor to this list,
has a variation on my material which he claims works for chromatics.

Seydel now offers half valving service on any of their diatonics featuring
the PT Gazell Method which incorporates my material and reed setup. You can
also buy just the valves. An easy way to get more info and order is to go to
my website  http://www.ptgazell.com/Seydel_Harmonica_Shop.html  and follow
the instructions.
--
Pt Gazell