[Harp-L] Looking for a Bullet Mic Holder. (Ray Kunst)

From: Ray Kunst <RKunst@xxxxxxx>
> Hello, I am looking for a Bullet Mic Holder (one that attached to a music
> stand).
> Any other suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Ray

Hi Ray.
It's quite easy to make one, the first one I made has a tapered shank, and
opens into a leather lined cup . (it looks a bit like a broken ice cream
cone)
The tapered shank fits into a standard stick mic holder.
The GB sits upside down in the cup so that the volume control is accessible.
Advantage: any mic stand can be used/ the GB is extractable by just picking
it from the cup.
Disadvantage: I made it from steel, it's heavy and also places the weight of
the GB away from the stand's hinge point, so it needs adjusting often.

Second one was just the cup part , suede leather lined for better friction.
The tapered shank was replaced by a drilled plate as a bracket, and the
plate was bolted through the pivot hole of the normal mic holder. Made of
aluminium it's good, but is not transferrable between mic stands without
tools. GB is equally accessible as type one for hand-held use if required.

Hope this helps
Geoff Atkins