[Harp-L] Garden State Festival Blues Update!

I am packing up my car for the early morning drive to Jersey tomorrow. (
www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org ) Sooooooo happy that I am not preparing
for a plane flight! The blues line-up for the festival is strong: Carlos
Colina, Rob Paparozzi, Dennis Gruenling, Sonny Jr., Jay Gaunt. I am running
the blues jams at night and perhaps a few during the days. My job/goal is to
make sure that any blues oriented folks that come to the festival get their
"play time". No matter what level player, they get "happy time", be it
listening or participating in the "musical conversations" we call jams.

We are not sure what musicians will be available for backing up our jams.
Thankfully many of our stars have paying gigs to tend too! This is good. We
need the world to support live music everywhere. Soooooooo I am setting us
"blues folks" up with a guaranteed plan 'Bee" if need be. I am bringing a
nice small PA system and over 200 backing tracks. I am also bringing my
Cruncher. I am bringing a wireless SM58 and a few other mics and a stands.
Hasbrouck Heights will have the blues til the wee hours this Thursday,
Friday and Saturday night!

One glitch. I will need to have a volunteer or two to keep the equiptment
safe and "under control" when I am not available. Val has us hooked up til 3
AM with the hotel. I will also have my new sweetheart with me Fri & Sat
night! Not stayin' up til 3 with the gang every night when I have other
things to do :-).

BOTTOM LINE: If you are within' a few hours drive of the festival and your
days and evenings have limited availability and funds so you can't hit the
"main attractions" (did I mention that Smokey Joe was on the bill?!!!!) you
are all invited to JAM OUT IN JOISEY! Be there or be square!

--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director