[Harp-L] Piedmont Set

Dear Reeders;

One of my students asked what I thought of the deal for a set of seven 'Piedmont' harps from Hohner.
Around $60.00 here in Aust.(similar in US at the current exchange rate, I would think)
My response was that, though I didn't know for sure, I would have thought that, at that price,
they were probably similar to the 'Hot Metal' line,
and made in China to much lower standard than the German product.
While I think it's not a bad idea for beginners to have a range of cheap harps so they can work on finding keys etc.
without having to shell out too much before they work out if they are going to continue,
this student, if I am any judge, having taught (or failed to teach) around 1,000 people (in groups, mind you)
is obviously going to do quite well if he sticks at it, so good quality won't be wasted on him.
Anyhow, am I right? are they Chinese and similar to the 'Hot Metal' line? (which from my one off experience are awful)
I looked on Hohner's website, and searched Harp-l archives, but no help.
Appreciate your opinions, gang.
Thanks,
RD