[Harp-L] Band-in-a-Box: Endings and Song Form

BIAB appends a two-measure "ending" to your song, and it's a veritable computer game to figure out how to get it not to do this. The answer is, click on the 'Song' menu (in the very top menu bar), select 'Additional Song Settings', and then you can un-check the box marked 'Generate 2 Bar Ending for This Song'. Or you can keep the 2-bar ending, but ask it to start playing it two measures early, so that the song ends on the measure of your choosing rather than BIAB's.

You can inhibit this altogether by clicking 'Band-in-a-Box' from the top menu bar, selecting 'Preferences', and then un-checking the box marked 'Allow Any Endings'.

---
My own question is about specifying what I think of as "middle choruses" followed by an ending. So, for example, I want a 12-bar blues with a 4-bar intro (which I know how to do), some number of choruses with a turn-around in the last measure, and then one last chorus that *doesn't have* the V7 chord in the last half of the last measure.

Is there any way to tell it something like, verse, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, etc.?

How about something like D.S. al Coda?

---
When I get my mind around enough of BIAB endings and (if it's even possible) song structure, I'll write up a tutorial about that. Unless someone else wants to do it and gets to it first.

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")