Re: [Harp-L] Embouchure (Richard Hunter, Larry Marks)

Cahebay@xxxxxxx wrote:
Everyone needs to stop with the technical nonsense and keep yourself loose
as a goose, technique will come to you natural as you play.
Stop thinking and start playing. You play with your soul not with
techniques,.
Well, I think everyone who plays well has some technique, whether they can describe it or not. I find it useful to know what techniques I am using so that I can practice them. I really don't think that nonsensical.

Now, I do NOT think about technique when I am playing. All I think about is what I am hearing in my head and where I want to go with it. I simply expect my body to translate those thoughts into sound through my instrument. Thinking about technique when performing would be highly disruptive to me, and I would probably sound bad or boring or even boringly bad.

But I sure do think about technique when I practice. In fact, perfecting technique in practice is what gives me the confidence and ability to "stop thinking and start playing."

-LM