[Harp-L] Re: Delay Pedals, HMW

Re delay pedals, I've been using a Digitech Hardwire delay/looper pedal for the past year or so and find it excellent. It has a good tape echo simulation and also a mode that allows you to adjust the repeat speed to the tempo of the song by tapping it twice. This unit has a true bypass and doesn't compress or distort the sound noticeably. I've previously used an original Boss DD2, then a Danecho, and also tried Greg's Lone Wolf pedal at SPAH, but for my purposes the Digitech is definitely superior.

Thanks to timely medical intervention in the form of antibiotics for a nasty throat infection I just survived running the Harmonica Masters Workshops with Joe Filisko, Dave Barrett, Olivier Ker Ourio, Eric Noden & myself, teaching & playing for 4 days in Trossingen, Germany (home of Hohner). Thanks a million to all students & instructors, we hope to be back again in 2011 :-)

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com