[Harp-L] Which Delay Pedal To Buy?

FWIW, I tried a BBE Two TImer and I thought it sounded too BRIGHT.

I use an MXR Carbon Copy Delay which is dark and compresses the highs a little, which I like. Supposed to be true bypass, but it's not. However, i leave it on all the time, so it doesn't make any difference.

The most transparent delay I've tried is the Wampler Analog Echo. It's not actually analog and it's not an echo--it's an analog sounding digital delay that is harmonica friendly and it IS true bypass. Wampler is a boutique maker of guitar pedals and sells over the web. Five year warranty. The guitar player in my band turned me on to Wampler. Nice unit. i prefer the darker tone of the Carbon Copy, though.

Personally, I'm a little leery of the harmonica specific pedals. They claim to have buffered inputs designed to work well with bullet mics. I don't use a bullet mic. So, I figure I'm better off not messing around with gear that's not designed to be used with the type of mic i play through.

JP