[Harp-L] Tony Eyers playing Major Cross tuning

Many recent posts on alternate tunings, particularly since Brendan Power launched his excellent Powerbender tuning.

For the last 10 years I've been using Major Cross tuning for fiddle tunes. Details are at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/retuned

With any tuning, the proof is in the pudding. Here's a video I did a while back of "New Camptown Races", using a Neil Graham C harmonica tuned to Major Cross. I'm playing second position in G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHpjdRkeyto

Fro those interested, Seydel should be able to do this tuning with their Harp Configurator service. You'll have to specify the notes, you can get them from my site.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays