[Harp-L] Peg of My Heart

I am working up Peg of My Heart on the Harmonetta and I discovered a
weird moment in the written music.  Unlike what the Harmonicats do,
the music I have has an opener "Oh my heart's in a whirl,over one
little girl" etc.  Throughout the opening, the bars are often split
into two chords.  However, they are not split evenly with each
receiving two beats.  Except for bar 14, which does the two beat per
chord which I am used to, it switches chords on the upbeat of the two.
 It actually sounds cool, but I wonder if it is written correctly and
also why does bar 14 break the pattern?
Anyone know this tune like the back of their hand?
Thanks,
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com