Re: [Harp-L] NHL H2010 Festival videos

Rob

www.youtube.com/rtrob

>Boy you sure picked a great House (back up Band), the Bar Codes have a Guitar
>player that can play Charlie McCoy's Stone Fox Chase!!
>http://www.youtube.com/rtrob#p/u/3/7_CfBDdCXGA

Alan is a good friend. He started playing in the 1960s and he helped
me put the bands together for the Cyril Davies Tribute nights. He is a
great guitarist as well as harp player. I love the Barcodes. They
often record with flute or sax. It is all funky blues from a Mose
Alison/Jimmy Smith perspective.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh8CFG-wNP8&feature=player_embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DhDdf4yY5f24

There are still a lot of blues musicians and fans around from the
1960s who saw the American Folk Blues Festival tours and Muddy Waters
and Little Walter concerts in the UK, so revival nights come around
quite frequently. Alan Glen just asked me to spread the news about
Jumior Wells - another held in high regard over here.

John O'Leary & Alan Glen in conjunction with Pete Feenstra Promotions
will be presenting -
THREE SPECIAL TRIBUTE NIGHTS TO JUNIOR WELLS -
on Monday 3rd January @ 'The Bulls Head' - Barnes
Thursday 6th January @ 'The Beaverwood Club' - Chiselhurst,Kent
Saturday 8th January @ 'The Half Moon' - Herne Hill,London
Each night will feature an All-Star band,with guest guitarists and top
Harmonica players including ( subject to availability ) Mark
Feltham,Paul Lamb,John O'Leary,Alan Glen and more to be announced
shortly.
Full Info will be found on - www.thebarcodes.co.uk

Roger