Re: [Harp-L] breaking - in, looking for a metallurgist

Hi all,

When I first started playing I was told to go "easy" on the harmonica for
the first few weeks. It will play much better if I softly blow and draw the
natural notes and the bends. I cannot recall where or who I received this
bit of  advice, but I listened.  I noticed the harps I break in ( some of my
harps  do not get this attention, I do not know why)  usually turn out to be
my  favorite harps. That seems to be enough proof for me. Now if I can find
the  discipline  to break in all my  harps, I probably would be spending a
lot less money on new ones.

Chris Mastakas

In a message dated 5/27/2010 6:47:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,