Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jimmy Rogers lyrics

Elizabeth

"Message: 6
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:06:35 +0000
From:  destripped@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jimmy Rogers  lyrics
To: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Wow, Elizabeth,  amazing work!!!

I think it's exactly the way you got it. Hal Iwan also  sent me his lyrics
for this song, and they match with  yours.

Seems that my (dirty) mind played a trick on me, for I heard  "meanless"
instead of "knee length"... I imagined a shorter  mini-skirt, lol

Thanks a lot for your  help!!

Cheers,

MA

El 25/05/2010 11:50, EGS1217@xxxxxxx  escribió:

> Okay, Miguel: I got as many of the lyrics as I could from  the YouTube
> video, typing along with Jimmy Rogers' singing...but it was  well-night
> impossible to hear them clearly from the video. I found a  link to the CD,
> and a short clip from the song...luckily it had just the  line you were
> having
> difficulty with, so after playing it  back at LEAST a dozen times I think

> I've
> solved it.  :)

...but would hope anyone else would give it a try too, of  course,
> especially if they know these lyrics aren't entirely accurate.  They're
the
> last few words in the brief audio clip for "You're  Sweet':

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1044076/a/Sloppy+Drunk.htm

Here  they are as best as I can decipher.

Elizabeth"
>From Bob Maglinte:

Hi,
I kinda waited to chime in on this, as I actually played with  Jimmy Rogers
on the road, and Elizabeth has those lyrics correct. It was always  one of
my favorite tunes of his. She just beat me to the punch in filling in the
gaps here.
Sincerely
Barbeque Bob Maglinte"
Boston, MA