[Harp-L] Harrison harmonicas on CBS Sunday morning
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harptalk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Harrison harmonicas on CBS Sunday morning
- From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 11:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=earthlink.net; b=XCsodIROCF+zawxuSQDrzL4sB699PJ92Z98xfcknRiPGuY/P6mh5LbV2ojlAZ8mm; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Reply-to: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Just watched a segment on CBS Sunday Morning devoted to Harrison harmonicas, GREAT promo for Brad and the harmonica, nice shot of Michael Peloquin (who appeared, unidentified, in a duo performance with Brad), great promo as well for Jay Gaunt, who played several pieces superbly, and was focused and articulate in describing why better instruments matter. (I thought Jay was 17, the show described him as 15? Oh well, two years isn't much compared to the life of a glacier...)
Brad did a great job of making the point that the harmonica is a serious instrument that's well worth the devotion of the players and the instrument makers. The overall tone of the piece was very respectful.
Kudos to Brad for pulling this off. Brad, whatever you're paying those PR guys, it's money well spent.
Anyone who didn't see it this AM can almost certainly see it soon on CBS's website.
Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and