Subject: Re: [Harp-l] Home made instruments (Ocarinas)

Hey  George:

Well, no one can say they can't make an 8-hole instrument. EVERYone can get
 an egg. Well, you might have to have a power drill and a steady  hand as
well ;)

This is a new link from him:

Egg Ocarina

_http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/a/u/0/saV4cLSLCZc_
(http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/a/u/0/saV4cLSLCZc)

I got a huge kick out of his comment part-way through ('I got hungry so I
made an omelet') since that's my thought too...at least the raw materials
won't  go to waste, especially if it's lunchtime.

This is too cool, and I could just see a whole bunch of kids making an
'orchestra' of egg ocarinas.....(with an extremely patient teacher and a  LOT
of broken eggs/omelettes into the bargain.

I really dig this guy......he's doing something innovative and  absolute
fun. It might what some think of as corny (and no, I'm not sure he's  tried a
corn-cob .....yet), but it shows you can make music from almost  ANYthing.

This is a link to his main site:

_http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3_ (http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3)

...and here he actually plays a very cool Xmas carol on BROCCOLI, lol

_http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/u/38/_GabHGlGm14_
(http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/u/38/_GabHGlGm14)

I didn't realize his carrot 'panpipe' was only rudimentary in the previous
link...there's another showing it more developed with real sound.

_http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/u/43/vHV5ukFL0NU_
(http://www.youtube.com/user/heita3#p/u/43/vHV5ukFL0NU)

He then posts a link to a vegetable-instrument playing duo I think he found
 out about...he didn't know beforehand that he was 'imitating' them, so
then  adapted his own 'carrot ocarina' to copy their way of holding it
together: Their  site's in English and gives more technical info.

_http://www.flutenveg.com/_ (http://www.flutenveg.com/)

Elizabeth

Message: 12