Re: [Harp-L] Alan Wilson's microphon

From the looks of it, the entire volume control assembly is separate from the mic and was a hand made job. The mic could have been a lot of things but the barrel is consistent with a Shure 545 - and that would have been one of the more common and popular mics for harp at the time.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/duracool/id343874731

From: David Fairweather <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 14, 2010 4:18:38 PM PDT
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Alan Wilson's microphone

When I saw Alan Wilson w/ Canned Heat at the Ash Grove and also at the Shrine he was using the same microphone you can see in this Woodstock video of "I'm Her Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvvsCT8Nrc

Can anyone identify this mic please? I always wanted one just like it, but I don't know much about mics and I wonder if it was off-the- shelf or custom made?

The clearest shot of it is at 1:50 secs into the vid where he adjusts the volume knob.at its base.