Re: [Harp-L] RE; Beginner Harp

David M Scudamore wrote:
<Richard! finally someone that got my dry humor. Honestly I do appreciate all the <sincere answers I got. It gives me strength in resolve and encouragement to practice <and I mean I really do appreciate the thought.

David, glad to hear that I got the joke. On a more serious note, one thing I tell all my students is to carry a harp with them wherever they go, and play it whenever they have a spare minute--stopped at a traffic light, walking from the car to the store, etc., etc.

Using such spare minutes, one can easily put in between 20 and 30 minutes a day on the instrument, which is a lot better than none.

The harmonica is the most portable instrument in the world, and it's an instant-on device.  If you take advantage of all that, you'll find that you have more time to practice than you thought.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick