Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Players don't participate

I was wondering if you'd bring up that tape, Smokey. It's reeeeaaaaally
good.  I had no idea at first listen just how many instruments were being
played...nor that you were the sole musician.

It's safe.  One of these days I will get it duped for you. As with
everything, I've fallen behind due to circumstances beyond my control, but I do  so
want other people to hear just how good a musician you are on other
instruments as well as chromatic harmonica.

As far as being 'killed' in the Prison Riot...you're scaring people. You're
 the original Cat with Nine Lives, despite having sure used up a few
...(okay, that one probably cost you more than a few). But here  you are - many
years later and hopefully seriously finally considering cutting  the CD many
of us have been pushing you to do.

Elizabeth

"Message: 7
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 02:22:12 -0400
From: joe leone  <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Seth Galitzer <sethgali@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp L Harp L  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

On May 4, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Seth Galitzer  wrote:

> Hotdog sax players?  Never!  They're as rare as  hotdog guitar players.
>  I think mebbe you're just jealous that you  can't play as many notes
> in one phrase. :)  Of course, that's a  joke.  I have nothing but
> respect for you, sir, and can't play (nor  would I want to) like the
> hard boppers.  BTW, my other online nick  is "sgsax".  I've been
> playing woodies for most of my musical life,  and consider sax my
> primary instrument.

I had a Vito sop and a  Cannonball Tenor, still have 2 Vito clarinets,
and an H.N. White  trumpet. (everything in Bb). Sold the saxs when I
had a personal  tragedy and needed money. In 1983 I did a tape called
'LeOne AlOne' on  which I played all of them (including an Armstrong
flute). But it  never went anywhere. Elizabeth S. has the only copy left.

I like the Rico  2 1/2 reeds because the Van Dorens are TOO good. Too
stiff (for their  number rating), so I used to scrape them with a pen
knife until they  would flex easier (maybe 2 1/4 BUT close to a Rico
in rating).  Harmonica content? When I was killed at the Camp Hill
prison riot  (1991..which you could google), my face is false and no
longer in any  shape to play without nerve pain, so I returned to
harmonica.

>   I only just picked up the harp a couple  of years
> ago, because I thought it would be "easy."  Riiiight....  :)

Harmonica 'can' be easy. Chromo is the easier of the 2. No need  to
'manufacture' notes from thin air.
Jo-Jo