Re: [Harp-L] Players don't participate

Why go to a jam and not play?

In my case, it happens when I'm going to a jam to meet or hear a
particular person, maybe a prospective band member.  Also, if I gigged hard
over the weekend I may not feel like playing at a Monday jam.

As a person who hosts a very popular Sunday blues jam, I can tell you that
some working musicians who have attained a degree of success don't really
want to jam with less skilled players.  That's too bad, and it makes it
harder to run the jam smoothly.  However, some pro players are happy to go
up with whomever is on the list at the time.  Bless 'em.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog