[Harp-L] Fw: Pitch shifter/Octave doubler samples

Richard,

I enjoyed the shifted pitch sounds.  My preference is for the 2 octave down - I really like that bass (tuba?) sound.  As I'm playing with 5 other harp players, the more variety/harmonics etc we can get the better we sound.

On my RP350, the pitch shifter at -24 (-2 octaves) seems to work better than the Octaver at 2 down with no original in the mix.  That seems to pick up a lot of breathy noise from somewhere (I tried 3 different mics, so it wasn't the mic).  BBQ Bob would love one of the lessons the pitch shifter teaches me.  It seems to work best when I play as quietly as possible - even to the point where I seem to be just breathing gently and can't even hear the note from the harp.  But the 2 octave low note booms out of the amp.  Most unusual!

It will take a while before I'm happy that it would work in a gig situation, but its sure good fun tp play with a "bass" harp that looks like a standard Lee Oskar A (and yet more practice time disappears through playing with the toys).

Maka