[Harp-L] Alternative Tools (Was: Shim Stock (Feeler Gauges))
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Alternative Tools (Was: Shim Stock (Feeler Gauges))
- From: Robert Coble <robertpcoble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:09:24 -0400
- Importance: High
- In-reply-to: <201005030524.o435Ofgw021659@harp-l.com>
- References: <201005030524.o435Ofgw021659@harp-l.com>
I know this has been covered several times on Harp-L, so this is NOT my suggestion. However, I have had great success with these tools.
For deburring slots, get one of those little anti-theft strips that seem to be everywhere, especially on CDs. Cut off one end and take out the little strips of metal inside. They are perfect for this purpose. There's a slight curve to at least one of them, which makes it easier to shave just the reedplate or just the reed.
For embossing, get a socket (as in socket wrenches). Experiment with different sizes. (I think I glommed this one from "Buddha" (Chris Michalek). It works great.
Crazy (about GOOD, cheap tools) Bob
The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and