[Harp-L] Re. Scottish and Irish Fiddle Tunes

Thanks for your thoughts Aongus,

Will have to check out those harp players you mention. Rick Epping I'm aware
of  and Brendan. Spent some time with Cathy Jordan and the lads in Dirvish
last month, careening around Worcester Mass after their last show, looking
for open pubs. Cathy has done a trio with Rick and Seaumus, forget his last
name now, all good friends of a good friend of mine. They did an album
called " Music from the Atlantic Fringe", I think. I don't know the fellow
from Nova Scotia, but that's where I got the Celtic bug. Had a girlfriend
whose brother was John Allen Cameron, the "Godfather of Canadian Celtic
music". Long ago and far away. I suppose it's in my blood; my great great
etc. grandfather was Johnny Armstrong, the lowland border outlaw of ballad
fame, the name having been passed down to the point of my own son being a
John Armstrong Coster...I've only just learned how much history was
involved.

You've certainly given me some interesting homework to do! I'll have to
figure out what
"neadh" means. Most of my musical work has been as a songwriter, but I've
always tried to integrate some traditional tunes into the mix. A hand injury
kept me off the guitar for a while and made me look at at the harp in a
whole new way. The old music kept me going. I recently heard some sweet
Irish playing from Paul Moran, very worth checking out. Thanks again for all
the interesting suggestions and information. Trying to get back more on the
web after some complicated years. -My last commercial album is on I-tunes
and CD Baby.

This site is great! So many well informed people, so much to learn.

Best regards,

John Coster