Re: [Harp-L] the latest on "buy v. refurbish"

In a message dated 30/03/2010 08:23:10 US Mountain Standard Time,
phdconga@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I wanted to ask for general comments on using chromatics in multiple
keys.  What keys do people find most useful and why.

It depends what keys you need to play in!

"Guitar" based music seems to concentrate around the keys of C G D A  E

My "D" 270 chrom is one of my favourites.

But if you are into jazz with horn players,  the keys of Ab, Eb,  Bb, F &
of course C seem to be the most popular keys.

My "Bb" 270 is also one I play quite a lot.

Other styles of music, gravitate towards other favourite keys...

When I was playing most days/nights every week with a Gospel choir,  C#
(Db) was a favourite key, probably because one of the vocalists  sang best in
that key...

Best of luck!

John "Whiteboy" Walden,
English harmonica player.